Quick and easy steps to make sure your site is 2019-ready.
I went to my accountant’s website this week to start uploading my 2018 tax documents and noticed the “insecure content” icon in the browser bar, plus an outdated year in the copyright area of the footer. Ouch!
Details matter! Not just for CPAs, but for all of us. Here are five easy and important items to check off your list for the New Year.
1. Check that the copyright year in the footer is updated to 2019.
2. Make sure your website has the little lock icon and the “https” prefix in the browser bar to indicate that SSL is properly installed on your site.
3. Make this the year you start a blog page. Or add a new entry to your current blog, to kickstart fresh new 2019 content.
4. Add a new offer/download to entice readers to sign up for your email newsletter.
5. Review the current call to action button or link on your homepage – does it need updating to lead your readers to a new form, phone consultation, or link to purchase?