Protect your organization’s most important marketing investment.
Just like your car, your website needs regular “under-the-hood” maintenance to run its best. Here are a few tips to keep your site purring along like a Jaguar convertible on the open highway. Don’t want to handle your own tuneups? Give me a ring.
1. Make sure your WordPress version, theme, and plugins are updated regularly. Outdated files make your site vulnerable to security threats.
2. Maintain a full backup of your site in case something goes wrong and you need to recover your files. There are several cloud-based, automated services that provide this feature.
3. Run a speed check to understand your site’s download speed.
4. Prevent contact form spam by using Captcha (Completely Automated Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) or other online resources like CleanTalk. Stop junk emails from clogging your inbox.
5. Get rid of unnecessary plugins, images and users in your site’s dashboard. Also, only download plugins from reputable sites, like the official WordPress repository.
6. Choose a WordPress-friendly, reputable, secure hosting provider like SiteGround .
Like car maintenance, proper site care is best handled by a professional. Nimble Design Team offers two ongoing maintenance program options to keep your site secure and running its best. Contact me to learn more.
And, of course, if you encounter a problem while handling maintenance yourself, please reach out. I’m happy to help get your site back on the road!
Stay safe out there and enjoy your summer!