Like clothing and hairstyles, logos get stale or go out of style. Even classic logos (Coca-Cola or Starbucks) get refreshed occasionally, to be in sync with the current marketplace.
You only get one chance to make a first impression, so don’t let your first impression be an outdated image. Here are five signs that you need a logo redesign or refresh:
1. Your logo is too generic. It doesn’t “position” you as an expert or the best in your field. It uses telltale stock art (gasp!) or out-of-date typefaces.
2. Your logo isn’t designed or sized to look good across important social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. If nobody can see you, you don’t exist.
3. Your logo text isn’t readable. Think about what that means if your audience can’t decipher your company name or tagline.
4. You’re missing the original vector (.ai) file used to create your logo, so you’re forced to use a jpg file for all purposes (resulting in a blurry, pixelated image).
5. Your logo looks dated – it has drop shadows and dimensional effects. Kinda like you wearing shoulder pads and platform shoes.
Working with an experienced designer (like Nimble Design Team) to create a customized, effective visual representation of your business gives you a professional edge. There should be no doubt about who you are, what you do and how well you do it.
Think “designer”, not “off the rack”.
Get in touch today for a complimentary 15-minute evaluation of your current logo and I’ll show you how to take it to the next level.