How I knew it was time to redesign my logo.
…and the top 5 reasons why you should, too:
While taking a WordPress course last Spring, I realized that my previous business name, based on my former married last name, was no longer a good fit. I was tired of my logo, its subdued colors, the staid typeface. It was time for a change.
So I got to work and over the course of one Saturday evening, I came up with “Nimble Design Team”, bought the URL for my new website, and created my new logo.
I was aiming for whimsical, colorful, cheerful and dynamic. I like to say that my asterisk icon and my text font are reminiscent of FiestaWare, the timeless dinnerware that came out in the late 1930s, which I’ve always found quite charming and fun.
Even if you’re not changing your last name and need to shed your past like I did, here are some important reasons to consider redesigning your current logo:
1. Your business name has changed.
2. Your current logo looks tired or dated (more on that in our next newsletter, where I’ll talk about logo trends!).
3. Your current logo uses generic typefaces, dated colors and/or bland clip art – making it look amateurish or forgettable.
4. You need a new logo that looks good on social media pages and is instantly readable.
5. You have a logo that someone created for you and you don’t have the original vector files, just jpegs that look fuzzy most of the time.
Or…you’re starting a new business and don’t yet have a logo.
Thinking about redesigning or updating your current logo? Contact us for a free 15-minute phone chat to review your current logo, or an initial intensive one hour consultation ($100 prepaid, cost to be applied to your first project).